Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thing 10 - Meez like to Samba!

I popped over to my pal Pea's blog and left a comment on her post that included her furry pet pooch Sasha. I also had to check out the "Meez" action on her site. It was too cool, so in the interest of community I had to totally copy her. (Don't worry, Prisquilla - I mentioned you when I registered so hopefully you got some extra coinz!)

So my technology discovery for this post was Meez.com, where I created my avatar who can samba up a storm. It was fun to create everything from her physical look to wardrobe and animation. I can see this being a fun activity for library customers - not only would young folks love the self expression, but I actually think it is a colorful way to practice PC skills for all ages. Imagine seniors practicing mouse skills by creating a Meez?!! There's lots of precision clicking involved, careful screen reading, making pop-up screens appear and disappear, and all sorts of other "basic mouse skills" that customers need. A great match for adult computer learners who have youngsters at home, too. Imagine how cool a grandparent or other relative would be if they could e-mail their loved one their new Meez! This would probably be a great match for teens teaching/coaching technology, too. A fun forum for training, to be sure!

1 comment:

miss pea said...

mj--never thought of the kid potential in the library world--Erica has a meez and plays all the games--maybe Sasha should have an avatar too==I love your samba girl she is so bohemian chic!! oolala and I must have a ton of tog points--must rush over and rewardrobe--