Sunday, May 18, 2008

Thing 19: Web 2.0 Awards

I found my next favorite tool - www. wayfaring.com, a web 2.0 award-winning mapping service. You can create your own maps and then share them (or not share them). So, you can send a friend a map to your house that marks not only your casa, but all of the coffee drive-throughs in your neighborhood, too! Or we could post a map of all of our branch locations - a nice county map with landmarks for all of our buildings, for those intrepid explorers wanting to complete our branch tour (and maybe that would be a cool initiative - a little passport that can get stamped and a prize for any patron who visits each library in the county - hmmmmmm....).

Anyway, I love maps (does that somehow go with the number-loving?!), and I will definitely be exploring the joys of wayfaring as I have already started my (free) account. It would be cool to have the option to post a map for our programs - or, now that I think of it, a map of places to park for anyone visiting the TR location. Sha-zam!

No comments: