Saturday, May 24, 2008

Thing 21: Finding & Listening to Podcasts

I love podcasts! I ran into some Canadians last week, and listening to them made me really miss being close to Canada. I went to college about 12 miles from Ontario and love to travel to Canada - especially Quebec. Must be the call of my French-Canadian ancestors! One of the best things about being geographically close to Canada was getting Canadian radio and TV stations. I fondly recall watching the 1996 Winter Olympics on Canadian TV - I found that their commentators are SOOOOooo much less annoying than ours!

So, I listened to some podcasts from the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, and am looking forward to listening to some in French in the future to sharpen up my French listening skills. Just in case I ever need to talk to a true loutre francaise.

I had some trouble making a link to my chosen podcast, so I did an enclosure link, which means that if you click on the title to this post you will link to a fascinating history of Quebec City. Vive le nord!

No comments: